Advanced dust suppression
Global Road Technology (GRT) is a world leader in innovative dust suppression technology that helps overcome the global challenge of creating safer roads and workplaces for people, industry and communities. Our products also assist in making surfaces within mining, construction, infrastructure and farming projects stronger, longer lasting, as well as more cost-effective and environmentally responsible.
Proven to work effectively under extreme weather conditions on a wide variety of soil types and raw material stockpiles, GRT’s range of specially formulated, polymer-based dust suppression products not only prevent the generation of dust, but also stabilize the road surface. They can be deployed quickly and easily, without any negative impacts on the environment and solve the problem of dust impacting on fruit, cropping, and feed viability in the horticultural and agricultural sectors.
High Tech, But Easy to Use Dust Suppression Solutions
GRT has developed its dust suppression technologies so that they are simple to use, highly effective, and increase in cost-effectiveness over time. In addition to this, they can deliver these benefits using existing or readily available equipment such as existing spray systems and water lines, water trucks, cannons, and overhead spray bar systems.
GRT’s dust suppression technologies fall under six main product groups:
1. GRT5000: Tough, polymer based technology that is sprayed from a water cart or cannon onto the dust generating surface whether it be a LV road, farm track or open area. GRT5000 dries and forms a stable layer of bonded material resistant to traffic, wind erosion, rainfall impact and overland flow, plus pedestrian and animal traffic.
2. GRT Wet-Loc: Non-drying and non-setting, synthetic fluid designed to adsorb into soil particles preventing them from becoming airborne. GRT Wet-Loc is a long-lasting, totally waterless application that is ideally suited to underground mining roads, areas of heavy damaging traffic such as tracked machinery routes, and race tracks (speedways and even horse and camel tracks).
3. GRT: Longwall – Super activated, dust suppression for underground mining. This product is injected into water supply lines and sprayed through existing spray systems for the longwall, continuous miners, conveyors and designed to target harmful airborne coal and silica dusts.
4. GRT: Haul-Loc: Ultra-concentrate that uses GRT’s LCP technologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of water cart operations by up to 500%. Save water, eliminate dust, and improve safety on your haul roads.
5. GRT: Broadscale Applications: GRT: Soil-Loc, GRT: Ore-Loc, and GRT: Rubble-Loc. Specific formulations for farming, resources, ore stockpiles and transport, and demolition and disaster recovery sites. These products show that a little of the right technology goes a long way!
6. GRT: ACTIVATE: Cutting edge dust suppression technology that makes water work better, harder, and more efficiently. Injected through existing spray systems, trucks or stabilizers, key applications are for quarrying crushers and conveyors and for road construction.
Cost Saving + Water Saving
Conventional dust suppression methods waste water, contaminate runoff, contain hazardous chemicals, reduce road stability, impact driver safety and increase costs. Not so with GRT dust control solutions. GRT’s environmentally and safety friendly products result in excellent dust prevention and higher quality, more durable roads. Customer feedback and independent scientific analysis found that GRT’s dust suppression products suppress greater than 95% of dust particles and delivered up to 75% cost savings compared to conventional water-only options.
GRT’s technology solves a range of dust control problems on all types of roads, from major highways and freeways to haulage, industrial and rural roads, tarmacs, hardstand areas and water repellent pavements. It can be easily applied to clay, silt, sand and gravel materials, immediately creating safer, more sustainable and cost-effective infrastructure.
Simply superior dust suppression
Compared to conventional processes, GRT’s dust suppression solutions offer a set of distinct advantages and lucrative benefits, including easy application and long life protection across extreme climatic conditions. Our products also offer the toughness and flexibility to be applied across a diverse spectrum of industries, improving safety and eliminating dust complaints from staff and surrounding landholders.
Apart from the longer-term maintenance efficiencies, savings can also be achieved from the significant reduction of windborne material losses. Plus, as a non-toxic product with a low carbon footprint, it offers further environmental protection by reducing the damage caused by fugitive dust.
TOTAL DUST MITIGATION STRATEGY FROM PIT TO PORT