Advanced dust control solutions
Global Road Technology (GRT) is a world leader in innovative dust control technology that helps overcome the global challenge of creating safer roads and workplaces for people, industry and communities. Our products also assist in making surfaces within mining, construction, infrastructure and farming projects stronger, longer lasting, as well as more cost-effective and environmentally responsible.
Proven to work effectively under extreme weather conditions on a wide variety of soil types and raw material stockpiles, GRT’s range of specially formulated, polymer-based dust control products not only prevent the generation of dust, but also stabilize the treated surface. They can be deployed quickly and easily, without any negative impacts on the environment and solve the problem of dust impacting on fruit, cropping, and feed viability in the horticultural and agricultural sectors.
GRT products control dust – not just reduces it! Unlike many of its competitors, GRT has a full range of products, suited to any application. GRT has developed its dust control technologies so that they are simple to use, highly effective, and increase in cost-effectiveness over time. In addition to this, they can deliver these benefits using existing or readily available equipment such as water trucks, cannons, irrigation systems, and overhead spray bar units.
High Tech, But Easy to Use Dust Control Solutions
GRT has developed its dust control technologies so that they are simple to use, highly effective, and increase in cost-effectiveness over time. In addition to this, they can deliver these benefits using existing or readily available equipment such as existing spray systems and water lines, water trucks, cannons, and overhead spray bar systems.
GRT’s dust control technologies fall under six main product groups:
1. GRT5000: Tough, polymer based dust control technology that is sprayed from a water cart or cannon onto the dust generating surface whether it be a LV road, farm track or open area. GRT5000 dries and forms a stable layer of bonded material resistant to traffic, wind erosion, rainfall impact and overland flow, plus pedestrian and animal traffic.
2. GRT Wet-Loc: Non-drying and non-setting, synthetic fluid designed to adsorb into soil particles preventing them from becoming airborne. GRT Wet-Loc is a long-lasting, totally waterless application that is ideally suited to underground mining roads, areas of heavy damaging traffic such as tracked machinery routes, and race tracks (speedways and even horse and camel tracks).
3. GRT: Longwall – Super activated, dust control for underground mining. This product is injected into water supply lines and sprayed through existing spray systems for the longwall, continuous miners, conveyors and designed to target harmful airborne coal and silica dusts.
4. GRT: Haul-Loc: Ultra-concentrate that uses GRT’s LCP technologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of water cart operations by up to 500%. Save water, eliminate dust, and improve safety on your haul roads.
5. GRT: Broadscale Applications: GRT: Soil-Loc, GRT: Ore-Loc, and GRT: Rubble-Loc. Specific formulations for farming, resources, ore stockpiles and transport, and demolition and disaster recovery sites. These products show that a little of the right technology goes a long way!
6. GRT: ACTIVATE: Cutting edge dust control technology that makes water work better, harder, and more efficiently. Injected through existing spray systems, trucks or stabilizers, key applications are for quarrying crushers and conveyors and for road construction.
Simply Superior Dust Control
Compared to conventional processes, GRT’s dust suppression solutions offer a set of distinct advantages and lucrative benefits, including easy application and long life protection across extreme climatic conditions. Our products also offer the toughness and flexibility to be applied across a diverse spectrum of industries, improving safety and eliminating dust complaints from staff and surrounding landholders.
Apart from the longer-term maintenance efficiencies, savings can also be achieved from the reduction in water consumption and significant reduction of windborne high value, material losses. Plus, as a non-toxic product with a low carbon footprint, it offers further environmental and community health protection by reducing the damage caused by fugitive dust.
Key Benefits GRT Provide to our clients
- Increased personal safety and vehicle manoeuvrability in all weather conditions
- Reduced need for imported gravel and burrow pits; decreased water usage by up to 95%
- Provide a 20 – 37% cost saving on road maintenance
- Greatly reduce equipment utilisation on all GRT treated roads
- Provide social benefits to surrounding landowners and greatly reduce landowner complaints
- Significantly reduce industries environmental impact
- Increased overall production and revenue
- Reduced construction timelines and added versatility of adapting to site conditions
- Reduced black lung and airborne disease’s
- Improve Tyre Wear
- Meet EPA Regulations
- Reduces rolling resistance
TOTAL DUST MITIGATION STRATEGY FROM PIT TO PORT