Listen to the article “GRT Road Maintenance Software (RMS)” (mp3)
Global Road Technology is proud to announce the launch of their Road Maintenance Software Program – a first of its kind anywhere in the world. Developed over several years at the cost of several million dollars, the state of the art program is engineered to assist our clients to manage their global assets and save as much as 37% on their road construction and maintenance costs.
What is the GRT RMS Program?
In a nutshell, it is a real-time data management system that collects a customized data set tailored to the individual needs of a client. It can help identify logistical or spending inefficiencies, and provides an immense amount of data useful at the strategic decision making level regarding infrastructure creation, budgeting, and maintenance costs.
Private companies, heavy industry, even governmental and military organizations are all benefiting from the immensely powerful analytics and data that this system provides.
Best of all, the system is entirely cloud-based, and accessible from any browser capable device. This means that your field agents can directly connect in to the data infrastructure system using any Android or iOS hardware, and receive real-time information regarding field activities, asset deployment, and more.
The system is completely secure, ensured by the same 256-bit externally verified secure web certificates you find in use at major banking sites the world over. For specific clients such as governments or military organizations who require additional security protocol, we are able to offer military-grade data inscription services to ensure maximum levels of program security.
The Australian Business Review Article: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/technology/us-calls-for-firm-with-eye-on-the-road/story-e6frgakx-1226891458424
GRT RMS Program Features
Here is a partial feature list of what is offered by the GRT RMS Program.
- Field Workforce Data Collection, Inspection, and Automation
- Live feed for real time data including satellite imagery; total asset visibility through GPS mapping
- Global accessibility, customized reporting options, and robust workforce management tools
- Rehabilitation, restoration, and environmental project management, including regular maintenance operations and inspections
- Full logistics support including field status, tracking, emergency maintenance, an alert system, and more
- Comprehensive disaster response and recovery protocols, real-time technical damage assessments
- Military-grade data encrypted security solutions available
Additional information & feature breakdown
- Road Maintenance – The GRT RMS saves organizations large amounts of capital by employing predictive maintenance methodologies, which are used to enforce maintenance regimes resulting in significant cost savings over time, as well as far fewer accidents and maintenance emergencies related to the road itself. Site compliance and certification is also logged and controlled. All of this information is presented in an integrated cloud based Graphical Interface which presents full feedback on scope within the spatial domain.
- Scheduling – The GRT RMS program saves clients’ money by dramatically boosting scheduling and deployment efficiency. All schedules, maintenance requests, and other aspects associated with the road are compiled and adjusted in real-time based on actual work progress and road quality indexes, though the ability to perform manual intervention is of course preserved as well. Schedule presentation is available in list, graphical, calendar, or Gantt format.
- Resource Allocation – Works and resource allocation as well as project management is made incredibly easy by the Global Road Technology Road Maintenance System. It schedules and directs maintenance crews, and ensures compliance with a variety of factors (such as traffic control regulations, particular issues of council approval, or site-specific requirements such as inductions, vehicle certification, accreditation, or environmental concerns) at the same time it logs resource use, creates time-sheets for employees shifts, notes completed work, quality issues, and several other factors.
- Quality Assurance – For companies that employ the Six Sigma approach to quality control, the GRT RMS fully supports the methodology to enhance your current QA efforts. The Program provides for logging, tracking, and management of quality issues related to any of your assets or infrastructure. This includes the ability to directly attach photographs and videos from smartphones and tablets to relevant activity records. Root causes of problems can be identified based on data. Significant failures trigger a Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) investigation. Logged parameters such as moisture, temperature, product batch numbers, water pH etc. are accessible to aid in hypothesis formulation and root cause analysis. The system tracks all the data and provides key quality indicators and tracking metrics to follow over time. As soon as any parameter moves outside the intended range, an automated quality response ticket is generated by the system, ensuring continuous improvement and appropriate policy changes. The GRT RMS quality module quite literally dictates: “In God we trust, the rest must provide data”, and in this sense it most wholeheartedly delivers.
- Sensor Fusion – The RMS system employs sensor fusion technology, integrating data from various sources and sensors to provide key indexes used to predict maintenance and compile maintenance methodology statements. Examples of these include data from multi axis accelerometers measuring rutting and corrugation, ground penetrating radar to analyse pavement compaction and movement, Sick 3d laser scanners, road profile and surface integrity scanners, weather reports and video image processing data are combined and analysed with historical data to determine road degradation and to feed predictive components.
- Neural Network – The RMS system contains a neural network module. This module is responsible for tracking and coordinating data from various modules in order to identify areas of improvement. An example of this in action would be the standard road monitoring module of a project identifying a potential quality incident regarding a road early enough for it to be addressed through routine maintenance rather than causing an expensive or dangerous emergency condition. The end result is saving our customers money by identifying problems and areas for improvement early on in the process, enabling corrective action to be swift and comprehensive.
- Operations – All operational business activities are linked in to the resource management, stock control and financial modules of the RMS Program. This results in having real-time accurate data related to invoicing, including full traceability, drill down and reconciliation functionality. Stock movements are also reflected in real-time. Combine these features with the visibility of forward schedules and the RMS Program enables clients to accurately forecast budget requirements, formulate effective maintenance strategies and employ just-in-time principles.
- Portals – The RMS program provides several portals and access points. Public, customer, and employees are supported, enabling stakeholders to have access to relevant data on-demand.
Polymer Modified Cement
Polymer modified cement created by Global Road Technology is a combination of cementitious binder, GRT polymer, water and granular material. These components are mixed together and compacted in the early stages of the hydration process to form a pavement layer that is subsequently cured.
Effective soil binder & erosion control
GRT-ENVIRO SOIL BINDER & EROSION CONTROL is an organic soil conditioner based on a water-soluble polymer. This product can be added to irrigation water to reduce soil erosion by agglomerating fine particles that otherwise would be carried away by surface water runoff.
Counter Terrorism Landmine Clearance Technology
An expeditionary product with unique morphology, GRT1000 aids in the detection of sub-surface threats, such as landmines. Invisible to the naked eye, this patented state-of-the-art solution warns armed forces when roads and tracks have been disturbed.
Aerial Deployed Dust Control
An aerial deployed, military grade dust control solution, GRT2000 establishes dust free temporary landing zones in the operational theatre within minutes. Not relying on ground based combat engineers, it can be delivered almost anywhere, mitigating brownouts and improving safety.
Self Healing Runways
A novel biomimetic formulation, GRT3000 is designed to facilitate rapid construction of tactical and emergency self-healing runways in the operational theatre. Providing substantial increases in compression as well as tensile strength, GRT3000 runways are ultrathin and failure resilience.
(Black) Dust Control Polymer Sealant
Engineered to combat the problems of fugitive dust and soil stabilization on unpaved roads, GRT8000 compounds with each application to bind dust particles together. Preventing dust from becoming airborne, overtime applications can be reduced and eventually stopped.
(Black) Polymer Soil Stabilization
GRT’s most advanced polymer soil stabilization product, GRT9000 is engineered for use in the construction of high-quality and cost-effective pavements. Mitigating surface degradation, GRT9000 bonds soil or pavement particles together, improving compressive strengths, high tensile resilience and water impermeability.